I’m going to try and include more personal posts on the blog because I enjoy reading about other bloggers myself and thought you might like to get to know me a little better.
I’ve decided to write a post on what makes me happy as I think it’s so easy to get wound up in the stresses and strains of daily life, that you forget to make time for things that bring you joy.
This list is in no particular order, they’re all important to me!
- My mum is an inspiration to me as she never stops working. She runs her own business as well as helping out with the admin side of my stepdad’s business. She’s everything I aspire to be: kind, funny, straight-talking and completely beautiful both inside and on the outside.
- My dad is also brilliant – super intelligent, sweet and would do anything for me. There’s nothing he can’t do whether it’s gardening, DIY, interior design, cooking, baking, cleaning, fixing anything…the list is endless!
- I’ve known my stepdad Paul for around 10 years and I like him being around. Like my mum, he works tirelessly 6 or 7 days a week but still manages to keep his cool and a sense of humour at all times. He’s very laidback and easy-going.
- My boyfriend. Phil and I have been together for six years this year and we have so much fun together. He makes me laugh every single day and we’re constantly planning our next adventure. He calms me down when I’m feeling stressed and helps put things into perspective when I’m worried about something. We’re a team!
- I’ve always liked dogs but never LOVED them until I had one of my own, a little bichon frise, four years ago. Nothing can compare the feeling of a fluffy little face being excited to see you when you come home. Since having Coco, I’ve become obessed with dogs and can’t go past one in the street without stopping to say hello/making a fuss of it.
- My friends. Most of my friends are from my school days but I did make a few close friends from university too. I’ve also made really good friends through Phil, from past jobs and even work experience. They all have very different personalities but that’s why I like them.
- I’m a very driven person and always need to aim for something. I hate feeling like I’m drifting aimlessly through life and am constantly setting myself goals and working towards them. I’m not impatient with them either, if my goal takes 5 years, I’m more than prepared to stick it out. I’ve got lots of determination and willpower!
- I loved reading as a kid and through my teens but after I studied English Literature at uni, I completely lost interest in books. I’m slowly starting to come round to reading again. I don’t read print magazines as much as used to (online magazines and blogs have taken over) but I still have a soft spot for Vogue.
- I write every single day without fail whether it’s a blog post, feature, interview, report, product description for work or emails. If I could spend the rest of my career writing, I’d be thrilled!
- Gosh, food makes me unbelieveably happy! I could eat and eat all day long and be so content. Apart from writing, eating out is my favourite pastime. In fact, Phil and I have a restaurant bucket list detailing all the places we want to eat at in the near future. Sad, but true.
Of course, there are superficial things that make me happy too!
Flowers, tea (black, green and herbal), spending money, shopping (especially in Zara!), saving money, block-heeled ankle boots, real leather jackets, long hair, sunshine, Chanel, fresh white bedding, holidays, weekends away, art galleries, workouts on a regular basis, having a nice tan (fake is fine!), new make-up, thick eyebrows, white teeth, manicures, pedicures, exfoliating and moisturising my skin, cosy pyjamas, being warm, perfume (Coco Mademoiselle is my ultimate fave!), bubble baths – you get the idea!
What makes you happy?