Breakfast has always been my favourite meal of the day but on the weekends, I’m all about brunch. It’s something I look forward to every Saturday and Sunday without fail. And why you ask? Well, let me tell you…
1. You can have a lie in. For me, brunch time is around 11am so there’s no need to get up at the crack of dawn. I can lounge in bed for a bit watching Netflix before taking my time getting ready! Complete bliss.
2. Brunch is cheerful and sociable – it’s the perfect excuse to catch up with parents, partners and friends. Give me brunch date over a cocktail date any day of the week!
3. However, it’s fun on your own too. I love to read the newspapers, jot down blog post ideas, listen to music and just watch the world go by while I’m enjoying my brunch.
4. I always associate brunch with weekends or days off so I don’t feel the need to hurry, eat quickly or dash off anywhere. I can be as leisurely as I want!
5. Brunch always put me in a positive mood, which sets me up for the rest of the day. Good company and food are a wonderful combination!
6. It involves all my favourite foods such as smoked salmon, avocado, bread eggs, fresh fruit and yoghurt. They’re all simple but so satisfying!
7. And let’s not forget the ways that you can have such food. For example, you could have fried/scrambled/poached/boiled eggs or French toast/sourdough toast/bagels/brioche…you get the idea!
8. There’s no pressure to drink alcohol. To be honest, I’m not a big drinker anyway so any occasion where I don’t have to feel guilty about ordering endless cups of tea is a winner with me!
Basically, thank goodness for brunch!