As you might know, I’ve been growing out my eyebrows for the past 10 months.
I used to have thick eyebrows as a child but unfortunately, I started having them waxed within an inch of their hairy lives from about age 13 onwards. What can I say – super skinny brows were cool in the 90s!
I’ve spent most of my twenties battling to get them to their former bushy glory only for them to be ruined again by over-zealous beauticians.
Last September, I’d had enough and decided to leave my brows alone for as long possible. No tinting, waxing, threading, tweezing or trimming.
The pros of growing out brows
- I saved so much time on my eye make-up routine. Just brush brows and go!
- I saved loads of money – no spending £30 on HD Brows thank you very much!
- You have plenty of time to plan what kind of look you’re going for whether you want high arches or flat, straight brows.
- You can look at photos Cara Delevingne every day and think ‘BROW GOALS’. Aim high!
- You can revel in the fact that at least you’re doing something to make them look better rather than wrecking them time and time again.
The cons of growing out brows
- I looked crazy for 10 months. Including at weddings, baby showers and all other events where the photographic evidence seems to last a lifetime.
- Some days, I felt ugly and scruffy with metaphorical slugs stuck to my face. The struggle was real.
- You must have the patience of a saint – no matter how much you want to tidy your brows a bit, put the tweezers down and run for your life.
- Any eye make-up will draw attention to how unruly your brows are. Step away from the Urban Decay Naked palette.
- People will stare at your brows instead of making eye contact when speaking to you. Honestly.
Despite the cons, I’m really glad that I grew them out anyway. To be honest, I was hoping to leave them for at least 12 months but I had my graduation this month and wanted the photos to look half decent. If I didn’t go, I probably wouldn’t have bothered until Christmas!
I really like my brows after having them done as they have some shape to them but don’t look overdone. They still have a bushy, natural look to them which I prefer over brows which look painted on.
Are you growing out your brows? Tell me how you’re finding the process!